Tuesday 31 July 2012

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

I feel like I have been talking alot on here, unavoidable really as I play catch up. So I thought I'd lighten it up a bit with some pictures.
Yesterday Bambina asked to make clay. Of course I launched into homeschool mama mode and began a lengthy explination on where clay comes from and how we can't make it but people dig it out of the ground and we can buy it. She interrupted me mid-flow with "but mama, we made some before remember? We put salt in it?"
Aaaah the penny dropped, she meant salt dough! Doh. So red faced I trundled off to make some and this is what we came up with, a load of animals for a zoo. They were in the oven most of the day and this morning we painted a base coat on each one. Later on we added details and here they are.
If you are interested, the recipe for salt dough is; 240g flour, 300g salt and 240ml water. Enjoy

P.S.  I am adding this onto this weeks TGIF Linky Party over at Living Life Intentionally so pop on over and get inspired!




No comments:

Post a Comment